Wednesday, 12 June 2013

I'm a duck!


I’ve been playing the Question and Answer game. It’s a game played by the surrealists back in the day, in which you write a question on a piece of paper, fold it and pass it to someone to write an answer without knowing what the question is. We played by post, my friends and I. What they didn’t know was they were helping me write a poem…

Who am I?

Who am I?
Come rain, ice, snow then sun, all will flourish.

Who am I?
Inside your left coat pocket.

Who am I ?
The hawk flies high; sees all, yet eats raw meat… 
And yet still it is happy.

Who am I?
The grapes grew too well, there were too many to eat and no one likes them.

Who am I?
Dear friend.

Who am I
Absolutely, Yes! I’m a duck, a duck, a duck!


Love B xox

P.s. thanks Cat xox :) 

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this?! We are BOTH ducks! This story comes with extra story, which I shall share with you privately, as ducks are wont to do.

    You're a poet AND a duck.

    Love yer bits, Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete